Each time you taste a new tapioca dish it surprises you. The varied tastes this harmless root, a local favorite has to offer, when cooked in different ways is astounding. Try cooking tapioca the Malabar way for yet another lip smacking snack.
01. Tapioca – 250 g
02. Gram flour (besan flour) -3 tbsp
03. Rice flour – 1 ½ tbsp
04. Red chilly powder – ¼ tbsp
05. Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
06. Asafoetida – a pinch
07. Cumin seeds (crushed) – ½ tsp
08. Curry leaves (finely chopped) – a few
09. Salt – to taste
10. Oil – 1 tsp
11. Water – as required
12. Oil – enough for trying
01. Cut the tapioca to large pieces and half cook with salt. Drain and keep aside.
02. Now, peel the tapioca pieces and cut to slender pieces of 2"x1" size.
03. In a bowl, mix together the gram flour, rice flour, red chilly powder, asafoetida, cumin seeds, curry leaves and salt and blend well with the oil (slightly heated). Add water till a thick flowing batter is formed.
04. Heat oil in a fry pan. Dip the tapioca pieces in the batter and deep fry till they turn golden brown. Serve hot.
║ ▌│█║▌║│ █║║▌█ ║
╚»+91 9447 1466 41«╝
To subscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralitesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.