Sunday, December 26, 2010

Re: [www.keralites.net] Armed robbery Khobar



I worked in Saudi for one year about 18 years back, within one year I was fed up... attitude of the nationals towards outsiders, very bad treatment towards Indians going for remitting money at banks, post offices, everything...
 
Last 14years I'm in Dubai its heaven when compared to KSA...
 
P.Dilip

--- On Sat, 25/12/10, samir azad <tumhara_samir@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: samir azad <tumhara_samir@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] Armed robbery Khobar
To: Keralites@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "Babuji" <nb6432@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, 25 December, 2010, 2:38 PM
 
Dears,
 
Unfortunately KSA and Kuwait are having a constant increase in crime rate thanks to the police and the blind eyed governments. The Labour ministry ensures that expatriates gets frustrated before he can dream of any justice he will ever get in labour court. It may take years and if he is lucky a partial jusice may come his or her way.
Such governments are a blot on the face of humanity. Indian Emabassies world wide are mere puppets.
 
Take care guys working in KSA and Kuwait.
 
--- On Fri, 12/17/10, Babuji <nb6432@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Babuji <nb6432@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] Armed robbery Khobar
To: "Keralites" <Keralites@YahooGroups.com>
Date: Friday, December 17, 2010, 8:07 AM
 
Sir,
 
News is around that there is an alarming rise in crime in many parts of Saudi esp khobar and Dammam areas.snatching of mobilephones and other valuables,robbery at knife /gun point,forceful entry into residential buildings and subsequent robbery,theft in supermarkets and shops, kidnapping of women and rape etc,etc are reported in large numbers.It is heard that native youth with the silent concurrence of some law enforcing officers are behind these and the Indian Community is the target always.Doesn't the India govt and the consulate and the umpteen welfare and other associations interfere in the matter and takeit up with the authorities?
 
babuG

--- On Thu, 16/12/10, jayamon kuriakose <jayamonkk@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
From: jayamon kuriakose <jayamonkk@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: [www.keralites.net] Armed robbery Khobar
To: "Keralites" <Keralites@YahooGroups.com>
Date: Thursday, 16 December, 2010, 8:37 AM

As received.
Gents

we are facing a definite increase in theft and now armed robbery. This is no surprise, however what does surprise me is that our employees still break basic rules and are left with vandalized vehicle and loss of personal belongings and lap tops after all the warnings I give.

I will give a few basic reminders at the end, but before that I can report a weatherford employee has reported his car broken into during a lunch time break at the Rashid mall, I now know at least two other vehicles were broken into in Dhahran mall today and below is the report from a Schlumberger employee robbed at gun point in Al Khobar which is more alarming.

Please read the attached report from the armed robbery, I have removed names, then remind yourself of the basics.

I parked the car at the roadside of Prince Musaed St. cross 21 st. in Al Khobar (that's near AlMana hospital OPD) last night (Dec. 10) at around 9:30PM to pick-up something from a friend house in that area. I stepped out of my car and just 7 meters away from my car, a man in his car has approached me and immediately pointed a gun on me.
He introduced himself as a policeman although he's not wearing a police uniform. With his revolver gun pointed on my chest, he demanded me to show him my driving license, and so I did. Then he said that he wanted to check who the last person that I called on my phone, and he demanded me to give him my mobile phone, which I also did. Then he asked me to show him my ID or Iqama, which I said that it's inside my car, which was parked about 7 meters away from where I was being held up. Still with the gun pointed on me, the man asked me to get my ID quickly from my car, and I followed his instruction. When I reached my car to get my ID, the robber in his car sped away with my driving license and mobile phone in his car.
I called immediately my manager ……………….. to inform him of the robbery. I also called ………………….. to inform him of the serious incident. ……………. asked me to go to Al Khobar Police station and wait for ………………….. to help me translate in Arabic my serious robbery report to the police station. Then 40 minutes later, I reported the whole matter in Al Khobar police station with the help of ……………. We ended up filing the dangerous robbery case at 1AM.

· Never leave belongs, lap top bag etc in your car in an unsecured car park - particularly shopping malls. Buy a small rucksack and carry your belongings with you.
· Even if the bag is empty do not leave bags on show, your vehicle will be broken into for the empty bag, the thief doesn't know that.
· At night try to park in well lit areas,
· Try to avoid quiet or remote districts at night.
· When you park, reverse park, get out of your car quickly and move to your destination quickly.
· Do not be tricked into stopping to talk when on your own.
· Do not approach anyone in a car when you are on foot, especially late at night.
· If you are caught out, give the robbers what you want, do not make eye to eye contact.
· Do not carry too much money in your wallet or pocket. Do not carry all your good stuff (Iqama, driving license, credit cards) in one place - that's a real stupid give away.


GET SMART OR YOU WILL GET CAUGHT OUT

Phil Johnson
Security Manager
Thanks and Regards,

K.K.Jayamon
Saudi Oger Ltd
Royal Commission Hospital
Al Jubail - K.S.A
Mobile: 00966501657048.

www.keralites.net   


__._,_.___


KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment