Thursday, December 1, 2011

[www.keralites.net] HAVE A GREAT LIFE

 

DEAR ALL,

Have a Great Life
Author: Catherine Pulsifer, (c) 2010


I have written about many different people I have met. And I do meet lots of people. We have a small shop at the Cruise Terminal in Saint John. Depending on the size of the ship docking in Saint John, we see 2,000 to 4,000 people in one day.

We meet some of the most interesting people. Last week I was fortunate to meet an older woman with a very sunny disposition. We had a discussion about many different things; she was one of those people who you would want to be your grandmother. When she was leaving our shop, I said to her "Have a great day". She looked up at me from her wheelchair and said, "No, have a great life!"

Her words made me smile and I said to her, "You are right". To which she replied, "Yes it is not just today that it is great, it is life that is great, so enjoy it all!"

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

The next day I was reading a book by William Arthur Ward and came across these words of wisdom he had written many years ago but that still apply today.

Regardless of age, you are still young at heart as long as you exclaim
"Wow" instead of "What's the use!" .
when you say "Hot dog" instead of "Oh well".
when you yell, "Yippee" instead of "So what?".
when you contend "Everyone's important" instead of"You can't fight City Hall".
When you insist "Folks are swell" instead of
"You can't trust people anymore".
When you greet others with
"What a great day to be alive!"
instead of "The world is shot to pieces".
When you proclaim "What an opportunity"
instead of "What a predicament."

So, I share with you the message that I was getting from people I met, and from the books I was reading last week -

"Enjoy your life, not just the day!"

--
Aano bhadra krtavo yantu vishwatah.(- RIG VEDA)
"Let noble thoughts come to me from all directions"

REGARDS
Miss.Shaija Vallikatri Bhaskaran

www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment