Tuesday, December 13, 2011

[www.keralites.net] The Christmas Present...!!!

 

The Christmas Present...!!!
 
The Christmas Present

I heard a knock on my door one Christmas Eve
As I looked out my window, a man I could see
He was cold and seemed so lonely
 And he was upon a bended knee.
Fun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.net

He asked, "Can you spare anything for me to eat?"
I opened up the door and as I helped him in
He looked up at me with such a peaceful grin.
As he drank down some coffee and had a bite to eat
I put more wood on the fire so he could warm his feet
Over there by the fireplace he warmed his tired hands
I wonder where did he come from,
 This quiet, white haired man?
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

But I wasn't at all afraid of his peaceful ways,
You see, this man dressed in poor, 
almost as poor as me As he left, |
he turned and thanked me for all I had done
But he forgot to take his gloves, so out the door I run.
He was gone in the blizzard and I couldn't hardly see,
So I took his ole gloves back to the house with me
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Just a little after midnight, I awoke in the dark;
There wasn't a bit of fire, just glowing cinders
A little spark,
And where I'd placed his gloves by my little Christmas tree
There laid a brand new pair
And a Christmas Card for me.
And it read. . . .
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

You gave me shelter and food to keep me warm;
You even tried to bring me my old gloves in the storm,
So here's you a new pair,. . . the finest ever seen . . .

As an angel of the Lord,
I'll be sure to tell the King. . . .
Merry Christmas . . .
~  Billy M. Smallwood ~
May God fill your home with peace
and your heart with quiet wonder
at the miracle of Jesus.


 If the above tell a friend doesn't work please use this one:
 

 

 

www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment