Sunday, October 17, 2010

[www.keralites.net] Book Artist Mike Stilkey



Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Artist Dave Kinsey headed over to Altadena, California (near L.A.) for a quick interview and studio tour with "book artist" Mike Stilkey.

Unlike most people, Stilkey doesn't just read books, he paints on them. His unorthodox artwork is created using a mix of ink, colored pencil, paint and lacquer, and features a melancholic, whimsical cast of characters.

"I like to think of my artwork as one giant poem, says Stilkey. "I never really have a concrete idea of what I'm going to do. I just kind of feel my way through it and it comes out in a way that I don't always expect. I really try not to edit myself too much."


Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net


www.keralites.net   


__._,_.___


KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment